How can I help out with the testing of Eventlist SVN 1.1?
- Date added:
- Friday, 24 July 2009
- Last revised:
First - as a non-stable SVN - you should not be running this on a production server at this point, and only in a test environment. I am not aware of the implications involved with running this within a production environment, therefore, I am NOT recommending it. I am recommending however, that if you like the component and would like to contribute to testing at this time - Please download, install on a test environment and report all bugs to: http://bugs.schlu.net (Requires opening a seperate account from Schlu.net)
As well, you should keep in mind that this is not a stable release, and subsequently there are currently no official or 3rd party extensions that will function with it with two exceptions: EventlistcalQ SVN v44 - available HERE " It's had minimal testing so no guarantees " and, the SH404SEF extension found in this thread in Eventlist 3rd Party forum.
Downloading and preparing a installable package for testing purposes:
1. navigate to the SVN repository, a link is available for this through Eventlist FAQ - General.
2. Browse to the "TRUNK" Folder at the bottom. - This is the Eventlist 1.1 SVN file repository.
3. Click on "Download a GNU Tarball" link at the bottom, and download it.
4. Unpack the tarball, and navigate to the "TRUNK" folder you unpacked.
5. ZIP the entire contents of the folder.
You now have an installable package for Eventlist SVN 1.1 - Note the version you downloaded eg, SVN 1099 and - When creating the .ZIP - Name it appropriately.
* Its always worth taking the time to backup your eventlist tables in your database before doing anything, assuming your testbox has some test data already associated with Eventlist.
When installing Eventlist SVN 1.1 on your test box (I will assume you already have prior version of eventlist 1.0 Stable installed for testing purposes) note that Eventlist SVN 1.1 has "upgrading logic" * You just need to install the current SVN via the joomla installer. The installed EventList will be updated and all tables converted. (this means all your data should remain in the tables)
* If you UNinstall Eventlist previous version, you will loose your data in your mysql DB associated with eventlist at that time.
EventlistcalQ SVN referred to above (44) has some issues at this point, with multiple categories - IE: If you have an event listed in the calendar, that's assigned to more than one category, then the calendar will list it in dupes on that date, for EACH category. The workaround for this, is to LIMIT the output to only certain categories, for example, your TOP categories only (no Subs) IE: MUSIC, but not ROCK, or NEW YORK, but not MUSIC too.