What to do when the installation fails?
- Date added:
- Tuesday, 29 January 2008
- Last revised:
- Monday, 28 July 2008
There are a few reasons that Joomla components fail during installation. You can find clues in the errors you receive. Usually the reasons are a too low max_execution_time or memory limit setting in your php.ini. Depending on your current settings it can be a good idea to increase this value.
Another possibility is to install from a directory. Here you will avoid the uploading the package, which can solve some issues.
- Increase the max_execution_time value in your php.ini.
- Increase the memory limit value in your php.ini
- Try to install with one of the alternative installation methods.
- Check if you really need the FTP Layer enabled on your webhost.
- Check if Joomla has the required write permissons for the target directories.